Tuesday, February 28, 2012

9/52 Looking glass-a reflection

These two young women are my daughters. This week causes me to do some reflecting. Karen (in black) is turning 30 on the 28th. When each of them was born, I dreamed that they would be happy and become whatever they wanted to be. I did my best to let them be themselves. They make my heart swell with pride. Not only are they beautiful on the outside but they are smart, funny, independent and such joys to be around. We celebrated on Saturday night and I took this photo. I found this quote that seems appropriate for this week's theme and tying this picture to it.

"The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.”

Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment